To drop a dress (or pant) size typically requires losing between 5 to 7 kilos. It will also result in losing more than seven centimetres from your waist. How would that make you feel?
Australia has one of the highest populations of overweight and obese people. Two thirds of our population are overweight, and half of these are considered obese. By losing just 5% of their weight health outcomes would be so much better.
If you currently weight 100 kg and you lost just 5 kilos this would change health markers including: joint ease, reduced risk of some cancers by 12%, ability to reduce some medications, better control of blood sugar, lower LDL cholesterol, lower heart disease risk, bring down Triglycerides, lower blood pressure, help with sleep apnea, reduce insulin resistance, reduce inflammation, and enjoy better mood and sleep.
What an incredible outcome by releasing 5 kilos of body fat.
If you could find a better, smarter, more efficient way to achieve that and ideally save time, make your life easier and get you closer to your goal, wouldn’t you want to know how?
Most people think that losing weight is difficult – but by following these weight loss short cuts you may even find that you have fun, enjoy the process and if you can make these tips become habits, then you are on your way to enjoying weight control and better health.
- Ensure your fridge is stocked with protein (meats, fish, eggs and full-fat cheese, cream, and yoghurt) low carb vegetables (think mainly green with some red and yellow, and those veggies grown above the ground) and low sugar fruits (fresh or frozen).
- Ensure quantities of good fats – avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, butter, nuts and seeds.
- Say No to highly processed foods. Clean out your cupboards of any “temptation” foods that are not on-plan. These would include highly processed foods like biscuits, cakes, cereals and vegetable oils, and high carb foods like rice and pasta.
- Make sure you have herbs and spices in your pantry to ensure variety and flavour in your meals. Choose fresh from the markets or grow your own.
- Keep well hydrated. Each day aim to have 8 glasses of water or calorie-free fluids like black tea or coffee (cream permitted), plain mineral and soda water, clear soup, or bone broth.
- Prioritise protein for every meal and snack – no exceptions!!!
- Plan, Plan, Plan. Menu plan for the week and write out your shopping list. Only buy what’s on your list and never shop hungry.
- After shopping – choose a time to meal-prep for the week. Set aside 2+ hours which will save you many hours throughout the week and reduce meal frustration, decision fatigue and save on food waste.
- Work your muscles daily. Ensure 2 – 3 resistance workouts over the week such as doing planks, push ups and squats. Circuits, strength classes, brisk walking, climbing stairs, swimming – whatever you enjoy doing.
- Daily exposure to sunshine will help with mood, sleep and general well-being. Schedule a daily walk into each day, getting a coffee, walking kids to school or just around the block after a meal. If you work behind a screen, short outside breaks are good for your eye health.
These are just a few “short cuts” that can help you drop a dress (or pant) size. Can you see that by adding these into your daily routine it may make it easier for you to achieve your goal?
If you treat it like a game, you may find that you enjoy the process – and even more – enjoy the outcome and the results. With smart food planning, you’ll never be hungry.
Our health coaches have loads of tips and ideas to share with you to make your journey easier and more fun.
If it’s time for you to drop a dress (or pant) size we have an 8 Week Drop a Dress Size transformation program starting now. To register for more info fill out the form below and a coach will be in contact.