ICT Reset 1-4
- 1.6kg pork ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Lay the ribs on two trays, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Rub half the Chinese 5-spice powder onto each rib, ensuring they are covered.
- Turn the ribs over and repeat step 1.
- Place in the fridge to marinate for 3+ hours.
- Remove from the fridge, 10 minutes before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C.
- Add the rice vinegar and soy sauce together and pour over the ribs.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, turning and basting, every 20 minutes.
- Check that ribs are cooked through. Use any pan juices to pour over the ribs when serving.
- Ideal with cauliflower rice and a salad.
This Chinese-inspired spice mix could be used with any meat, seafood, tofu or vegetables. It’s delicious cold the next day as well.