The magical combination of apple and cinnamon perfectly compliments the basic pork chop. It’s divine! Serves 4
ICT Reset 3-4
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt to taste
4 large pork chops
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup slivered toasted almonds
- Cut the apple into quarters, deseed, and slice as thinly as possible. Thinly slice the shallots.
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat and add the apple and shallots. Sauté for 5 minutes until the apple is tender but crisp. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the pan and reheat.
- Sprinkle the pork chops generously with the cinnamon on both sides and add salt as desired. Rub into the chops before placing in the pan and searing on each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to the boil to cook off the alcohol.
- Add the apple mixture, cover and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the chops onto four serving plates and top with the apple mixture and toasted, slivered almonds.
Serve with salad or vegetables.