ICT Reset: Suits all phases
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium swede (or turnip)
- 1 lemon, zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 500gm asparagus, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1.5 litres vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 1 lemon, juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add the swede, zest and seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Add the broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the swede is tender – about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Process in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the crème fraiche and lemon juice. Scoop a spoonful into each bowl, and sprinkle the coriander on top, before serving.
Serve as a soup, hot or cold.
Add crispy bacon or shredded chicken breast if serving as a meal.