Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, dairy, fat
- 8 rashers bacon, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 120g brie, sliced thinly whilst cold
- In a large fry pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease in the fry pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with cream, garlic, salt and pepper and about two thirds of the cooked bacon.
- Set the fry pan over medium-low heat and swirl remaining bacon grease to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour the egg mixture into fry pan and cook undisturbed until edges are set and the centre is still somewhat loose, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high and set an oven rack on the second highest setting in the oven. Lay slices of brie on top of the frittata. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Grill until puffed and golden brown, about 5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove and let cool (and deflate a bit) for a few minutes. Serve with a side salad.