ICT Reset 3-4
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups beef stock
- 500g casserole beef, cubed
- Handful green beans
- Heat a large saucepan over moderate heat and add half the oil. Add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes or until translucent.
- Add the spices, garlic, lemon and ginger and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, celery, tomatoes, tomato paste, carrot, cauliflower and 1 cup stock. Cover and simmer.
- Meanwhile, place remaining oil in a large fry pan over moderate heat and add the meat. Stir the meat as it browns on all sides. Add remaining stock and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add the meat mixture to the vegetables, cover and gently simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Add the beans 30 minutes before serving.
Variations: At step 5, transfer the mixture to a slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours or transfer to a casserole dish and cook in the oven at 180oC for 1 ½ hours.
Reset 1: Replace pumpkin and carrot with broccoli and Asian greens (adding with green beans)
Reset 2: Replace pumpkin with parsnip.