Reset: Suits phases 2-4
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 lemon, juice
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 1/2 cups stock
- 2 cups chopped carrots (swap for a low carb veg if on Reset Phase 1)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 Tbsp chopped mint or coriander
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over moderate heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened and golden.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and when sizzling, add the beef and fry, stirring constantly until the beef is brown and the lumps are broken up.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and tomato puree and cook until the carrots soften.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir so the curry doesn’t stick, adding a little water if needed.
- Sprinkle the garam masala over the curry and stir gently.
- Add one of the following serving options: (a) 1 packet Zero carb free fettucini, rice or noodles (prepare as per packet) (b) Spiralled zucchini (c) Cauliflower rice
- Garnish with chopped mint or coriander.