Suits all phases
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, sliced
1/3 cup Rogan Josh curry paste
600g gravy beef, trimmed, diced
4 swedes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 large carrot, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices (omit for phase 1)
1 cup beef stock
270ml can coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cinnamon stick
Fresh coriander leaves and roasted unsalted peanuts, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add beef to pan and brown on all sides. Transfer mixture to a 5.5-litre slow cooker.
- Add swedes, carrot (if using), stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and cinnamon stick. Stir to combine. Cover. Cook on low for 5 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Cook, uncovered, for a further 30 to 45 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with coriander and peanuts. Serve with steamed green vegies.