Lasagne is a family favourite, but it’s often a risky choice if you’re concerned about your weight. Here’s a great solution. Serves 6
- 600gm minced beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 gluten free stock cubes
- 2 cups water, boiled
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ bunch silver beet, chopped
- ½ cabbage
- 4 zucchini
- 1 cup passata sauce
- 100gm parmesan
- In a large pan, heat oil and brown the onion, capsicum, garlic and herbs.
- Add the mince, cover and simmer until cooked.
- Combine the stock cubes in the water, add to the mince, along with the tomato paste and eggs. Cover with a lid & simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the silver beet & continue cooking another 10 mins. Set aside to cool.
- Core the cabbage and place the leaves into a large bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 10 mins, gently separating leaves. Drain before use.
- Trim ends of zucchini and slice each lengthways into 4-5 slices.
- Preheat over to 180°C
- In a large pan or casserole dish, place half the cabbage on the base, add half the mince mixture, zucchini slices, the rest of the mince, and then top with cabbage leaves. Pour the passata sauce over top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cook for 30+ mins until cheese has melted.
- Serve with steamed vegies, cauliflower rice or a salad.