What a glorious colour this soup is, and it provides for a really different start to your meal.
Suits ICT Reset 2-4
- 500g beetroot, washed
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin, plus extra for garnish
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp coconut milk, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cove the beetroot with water (leave the skin on), bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes, or until tender. Drain, peel and chop coarsely.
- In the same saucepan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the spring onions, tomatoes and beetroot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Add the cumin and stir for about 1 minute. Add the stock and the tomato paste, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the saucepan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a food processor or use a stick blender. Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat. Season to taste.
- To serve, place soup in individual bowls and top each with 1 Tbsp coconut milk, swirling gently. Sprinkle with cumin and parsley.
What a glorious colour this soup is, and provides for a great start to your meal.
As a main add shredded chicken or fish.