Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 dairy
6 slices bacon, cut into 2cm pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
3 Tbsp water
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon until crispy in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Turn off heat and spoon bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, keeping most of bacon fat in skillet.
- Turn heat back to medium and add onion, capsicum, and cauliflower to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water and cover the skillet. Cook until the cauliflower is tender and the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes. (If the water evaporates before the cauliflower is tender, add more water and cover for a couple minutes more.)
- Stir in the garlic and chives and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Use a spoon to make four holes in the hash to reveal bottom of skillet. Crack an egg into each hole and season each egg with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cheese and cooked bacon bits over the entire skillet. Replace lid and cook until eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for a just runny egg. Serve warm.