Great Shape – protein, vegetable, carbohydrate
Reset – suits phase 4 (delete bean mixture for other phases)
1 x 400g tin of black beans (optional)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
sea salt and black pepper
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
2 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
juice of 2 limes
½ bunch coriander, leaves finely chopped
4 x 100g beef minute steaks
2 baby gem lettuce, trimmed and roughly chopped
40g cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the beans, garlic, cumin and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and mix in a small bowl with the capsicum, lime juice, coriander leaves and 1 Tbsp olive oil, and season well.
- Preheat a fry pan over a medium-high heat. Drizzle the steaks with oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and rub all over, then add to the pan. Cook for about 1½ minutes on each side, then remove to a warm plate to rest.
- Mash the beans with a fork, adding a splash of water to loosen if needed.
- Pile the lettuce onto serving plates. Slice the steaks and place on the lettuce, then top with the bean mixture, grated cheese and a spoonful (or more) of the capsicum salsa.