Everyone’s favourite Indian food has lots of ingredients, but they are mostly spices, to give depth of flavour. Yummy and very low in carbs.
ICT Reset 1-4
- 750gm chicken breast, cut crossways
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup water
- 2x400gm tinned tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- ¼ cup cream (If on Plan 1 increase the cream to ½ cup)
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (for Plans 2-4)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent. Add the ginger, curry powder, cumin and coriander and cook for 1 min, stirring through. Add water to the pan to moisten.
- Add the chicken to the pan and toss through until well coated with the onion mixture. Cover and cook until the chicken turns colour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and garam masala, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and yoghurt, stir through, and cook on low for 10 mins.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, or a tomato and cucumber salad.