Suits all phases – Serves 4
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
1 cup chopped kale
2 tsp ginger paste
1 Tbsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter.
- Add the onions and cook for another minute, and then add the tomatoes. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
- Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls.
- Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.
- Add some cooked and shredded chicken for protein, or fish as shown in the picture.