Cauliflower rice is an amazing addition to your culinary ideas: use it to replace rice with Asian curries and stir-fries, or in Italian risottos, or simply enjoy as a side dish with meat and steamed vegies. Serves 6
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 egg, whisked
2 Tbsp coconut flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Steam the cauliflower until soft but not mushy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, onion, garlic and basil. Add the egg, coconut flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Using a potato masher , mash the cauliflower until it resembles the consistency of rice.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower mixture and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Serve with your choice of meat, poultry, seafood or tofu.
- Add variety by using extra vegetables that are on your plan.