This delicious recipe provides a healthy alternative to breadcrumbs. If your kids don’t like curry, leave it out – the recipe works just as well without it. Serves 4
8 chicken drumsticks
2 Tbsp coconut oil
25g almond meal
25g desiccated coconut
1 Tbsp curry powder (or curry paste)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 180° C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or aluminium foil.
- Combine egg and melted coconut oil in a small, shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine almond meal, coconut, spices and herbs.
- Dip one drumstick in the egg and oil mixture, using fingers to coat it completely, remove and allow excess liquid to drip back into the bowl, and then roll it in flour mixture until completely covered.
- Place drumstick onto lined tray, then repeat step 4 until all drumsticks are done.
- Pop the lot in the oven, and bake for around 45 minutes, until coating is crunchy and meat is cooked through.