Healthy eating doesn’t mean boring. Use a basic omelette to contain the delicious fillings of this Mexican favourite. Serves 2
4 chicken thighs
2 Tbsp pure cream
1 tsp butter
100g feta, sliced
1 tomato, diced
3 Tbsp parmesan
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
dash chilli powder
- Roast the chicken thighs in a moderately hot oven.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and cream in a small jug. Melt butter in a large, flat frypan over moderate heat. Pour 1/2 the egg mixture into the pan, and cook until the top starts to set.
- Remove the chicken from the oven (leave oven on) and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Flip the omelette and layer the feta, tomato and chicken along the centre.
- Once the feta has begun to melt, fold the outside flaps over the fillings and press down lightly to set in place. Remove from the pan and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat steps 2-5. Top with sprinkled parmesan, parsley and chilli powder.
- Place in the oven and turn heat up to high. When parmesan has melted, remove from the oven and serve with a green salad.