Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: 1 protein, 3 vegetable
salt and pepper to season the chicken
4 large skinless chicken breasts
3 garlic cloves, smashed (or chopped)
1 Tbsp anchovy paste (or you can use anchovy fillets)
2 onions, peeled and diced
1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
3 Tbsp black pitted olives
3 Tbsp capers
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 Tbsp crushed chillies
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 zucchini, spiralised into ‘noodles’ or very finely sliced
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pan and then sear the chicken breasts on both sides until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add a splash of water to the hot pan and scrape the bottom of the pan, keeping the scrapings in the pan. Lower the heat and add the garlic, anchovy paste and chopped onions. Cook until the onions are soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and add the chopped tomatoes and cinnamon. Fill the empty tomato can with water and pour into the pan. Stir in the olives and capers and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add the chicken breasts. Nestle the cherry tomatoes around the chicken. Sprinkle with the crushed chillies.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Take the lid off and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with zucchini noodles.