Olive lovers rejoice! This amazing dressing is super-easy in a blender, but turns boring old steak and salad into a treat for the taste buds. Serves 4
450g bok choy
1 roasted red capsicum, finely chopped
large handful mushrooms, thinly sliced
to taste, salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for searing the meat
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 small clove garlic
- Trim just enough off the bottom of each bok choy so the leaves separate. Wash and dry the bok choy, then slice the stems; the leaves can be left whole or sliced as well.
- In a large bowl, toss the bok choy, roasted capsicum and mushrooms. Add extra salad greens too, if you like.
- Heat a large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Lightly season the steak and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let the steak rest on a cutting board for a few minutes.
- In a blender, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, olives and garlic. Blend until thick and almost completely smooth.
- Thinly slice the steak. Add the steak to the salad, then add the dressing.