Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, vegetable, dairy
2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
1/4 cup sliced chorizo
1/2 cup salsa verde
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 cup basil leaves
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp capers, drained
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Pierce the spaghetti squash all over and microwave on high for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut in half, carefully scoop out seeds, and then remove the stringy flesh and set aside.
- Make the salsa verde. Place parsley, basil, garlic and capers in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add oil and lemon juice. Process until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stand for 10 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cook the chorizo in a medium saute pan. Add the squash and ½ cup salsa verde, and cook for 7-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spread the mixture into one large or four smaller greased oven proof dishes. Press four dents into the mixture with the back of a large spoon and break one egg carefully into each depression.
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped coriander before serving.