Reset: Suits phases 3 and 4
Great Shape: carb, protein, vegetable, dairy, fat
800g fresh pumpkin, peeled & cut into thin wedges
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
500g chicken mince
ground black pepper
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup grated zucchini
800g tin chopped tomatoes with basil
1 tsp oregano
200g ricotta cheese
100g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper & place pumpkin slices on the trays. Brush with olive oil, & bake for 30 mins, turning after 15 mins.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large frypan, add chicken mince & cook for 5 mins or until cooked through. Season with Herbamare & pepper. Remove the mince from the pan & set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan & add the onion & garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes & then add the grated zucchini. Cover the pan & lower the heat, & cook until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano & chicken & simmer for 10 mins or so to reduce some liquid.
- Place the ricotta cheese, egg & nutmeg in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush a 16cm x 26cm baking dish with oil and line the base and sides with the roasted pumpkin.
- Spread the ricotta mix over the pumpkin. Pour the tomato, chicken and zucchini mixture over the ricotta mixture and sprinkle with the grated mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.