This amazing recipe with instantly become a family favourite. Kids love fish fingers, and here’s a healthy, tasty version to keep them happy. Serves 4 adults
500g white fish (eg cod, snapper, tilapia)
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp salt
6 Tbsp coconut oil
- Rinse the fish in cold water, pat dry with paper towel and set on a plate. Cut into 3cm by 10cm ‘fingers’, following the lines of the fillets and removing any bones.
- Place the eggs in one dish and the coconut and salt in another. Dip the fish fingers one at a time in the egg, allowing excess to drain, and then in the coconut. Place on a clean plate.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place half the fish fingers in the skillet, leaving enough room around them so they aren’t crowded. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until well browned, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining oil and fish fingers.
- Serve with a green salad, and with potato wedges for the kids.