Coconut and prawns are just meant to go together, and here the coconut forms a crispy crust to compliment the firm prawns. The wasabi dipping sauce that goes with the prawns is simple to make, even if you make your own mayonnaise. Serves 6 (entree), makes 18 total
- Preheat oven to 220° C. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Place the desiccated coconut in a plastic bag.
- Dip the prawns into the egg one by one and drain. Place a few prawns at a time in the bag with the coconut and shake to cover. You may need to press the coconut onto the prawns.
- Spray an oven tray with coconut oil and place prawns in a single layer on the tray. Spray prawns with coconut oil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until coconut is golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, yoghurt and a small amount of wasabi in a small bowl. Mix well and taste, adding more wasabi to taste.
- Serve on a platter with the dipping sauce in the middle.