ICT Reset: Suits 1 to 4
- 500gm pork tenderloins, cut into 1cm strips
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1-2 small jalapenos, finely cut
- 1 cup gluten free stock
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 limes, juice
- 3 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet or pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add coconut oil. Saute pork strips until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a bowl.
- Add onion and jalapeno to a hot pan, and saute until tender.
- Reduce heat and add stock and tomatoes. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom and sides of the pan, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the pork and juices to the pan. Stir in the lime juice, cover, and simmer until pork is fully cooked.
- Serve into four soup bowls and garnish with coriander.
This fresh Vietnamese-inspired soup is quick and easy. Reduce or delete the jalapenos if you don’t like heat or are serving to children. Mix it up by trying chicken breast, beef strips or tofu.