Soup is so satisfying and an easy way to increase your intake of vegies. This creamy soup is quite filling, so add some cooked chicken or fish to it for a main meal, or just have a small serve as an entree.
Suits ICT Reset 1-4
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 5 cups stock
- 1 kg broccoli
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add olive oil and onion and stir until soft.
- Gradually add the stock, broccoli, tomato, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg and lemon juice. Bring to a boil while stirring, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Blend soup with a stick mixer.
- Add the cream and yoghurt and reheat without boiling.
Serve as an entrée or for a main meal, add cooked fish or chicken.