Shredded beef is amazing: eat it with steamed vegies, or add it to a baked potato or soup or into a stir-fry. With such versatility, this recipe can cover your family for at least two meals. Serves 8.
1 kg boneless beef chuck
to taste, sea salt and black pepper
1 cup beef stock
1 Tbsp coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp lime zest
1 lime, cut into wedges
- Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Place the beef in the slow cooker with the stock and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Break beef apart gently with a fork and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the garlic and onion, and cook until the onion is golden and soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the cumin, orange juice, lime juice, lime zest, and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Serve warm with lime wedges and steamed vegies.