Many people throw away the stems of the broccoli, but there’s no reason to. Here’s a great soup that uses all of the broccoli.
Suits ICT Reset 1-4
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 750g broccoli stalks and florets, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large stock pot. Add the leeks, onions, and shallots and sauté until softened, about 10-20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stock to fully submerge the vegetables. Increase the heat and bring the soup to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the curry powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool slightly.
- Use a stick blender to mix until the soup is smooth. Add the coconut milk and stir to incorporate it into the soup.
- Turn the heat to high and bring back to the boil before switching off.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
This is delicious as a main with your choice of protein – try chicken or bacon.