Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, fat
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
500g medium prawns, peeled and deveined
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp red curry paste
340ml coconut milk
3 cups vegetable stock
Juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add prawns and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and capsicum to the stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the curry paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns, lime juice and coriander, and serve immediately.