Here’s a delicious vegetarian meal of chick pea patties served with yoghurt sauce and tomatoes. As an appetiser, make small balls and serve with the yoghurt. Serves 3
1 (400g) can chick-peas, drained and well rinsed
1 large clove garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 heaped Tbsp buckwheat flour
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
3 tsp olive oil
¾ cup natural yoghurt
½ tsp each of cayenne pepper and turmeric powder
- Blend the chick peas, garlic, onion and spices in a food processor until almost smooth. Scrape the paste into a bowl and mix with the flour. Divide into 9 balls, each the size of a golf ball.
- Flatten into patties. Spray a frypan with cooking spray, and gently brown the falafels on each side. Respray frypan when you turn the falafels.
- Combine tomato relish ingredients (tomato and lemon).
- Mix the last 3 ingredients for the yoghurt mix.
- Serve the with the tomato relish and the yoghurt mix.