Suits all phases – Serves 4
3 rashers bacon, diced
1 medium cauliflower head, cut into uniform pieces
2 large eggs
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
115g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp coconut vinegar
1 tsp fish sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Cook the bacon in a large fry pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it crisps up, about 15 minutes, transfer the crunchy bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- While you’re crisping the bacon, toss the cauliflower into a food processor, and pulse until it’s the size of rice grains. Don’t overdo it as it becomes too wet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the hot bacon drippings, and fry until set. Remove from the pan, slice into ribbons, and set aside.
- Melt the butter or oil in the same fry pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Add the grated ginger and stir for 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Add the cauliflower ‘rice’, season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Place a lid on the fry pan, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with the soy sauce, coconut vinegar, and fish sauce. Mix in the spring onions, coriander, egg, and crispy bacon, and serve.