This beautiful glazed chicken is a special occasion meal, as the glaze contains about a teaspoon of sugar per serve from the balsamic vinegar. Serves 4
1 Tbsp olive oil
500g chicken breasts
to taste, salt and freshly ground black pepper
150ml balsamic vinegar
30g pine nuts
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Brown the chicken breasts for 3 minutes then turn and brown the other side for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, season with salt and pepper and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same frypan, add the vinegar and pine nuts. Cook over a medium-high heat to reduce the liquid by half. Add the mustard and mix well to make a smooth glaze.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat both sides with the glaze. Cook for another minute or until cooked through, then divide between four plates and spoon remaining glaze over the top.
- Serve with salad or vegies of choice.