Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, 1/2 dairy
- 500g beef mince
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop onion finely or use a food processor.
- Crumble the feta with a fork until it’s finely crumbled.
- In a bowl place the mince, along with all the other ingredients, and using your hands, mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the meat mixture, roll into balls and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until you see some liquid oozing out. Then turn the meatballs and continue baking until well-browned and cooked through.
Serve with some of the following suggestions:
- Asian greens pan-fried in butter
- School lunches/afternoon snacks with tzatziki sauce
- Cabbage or Greek salad
- Any roast vegies suitable for your plan