Suits all phases
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp dried oregano
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup sliced large green pitted olives
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Trim fat from chicken breasts, then cut shallow crosswise slits along each breast. Rub the chicken with the 2 tsp oregano and season with the lemon pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the chicken cut-side down and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until nicely browned. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes more on the second side.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, 1 tsp oregano, and garlic powder.
- Spoon the tomato mixture carefully around the chicken pieces, ensuring the top of the chicken is out of the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 4-5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle feta and olives over the chicken. Transfer skillet to the oven and cook 10-12 minutes longer.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.