Here’s a really easy twist on traditional bacon and eggs. The horseradish gives the dish a gentle bite and the crispy bacon adds a punch of flavour. Serves 3
4 bacon rashers
1 tsp horseradish
6 button mushrooms, sliced
- Put a big, heavy skillet over medium heat. Use kitchen shears to snip the bacon into the skillet. Fry it until crisp, separating the bits as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and horseradish together.
- When the bacon bits are crisp, scoop them out of the skillet to a plate and reserve.
- Pour off all but a Tbsp of grease. Add the mushrooms and fry until lightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour eggs into the pan with the mushrooms. Use a fork to stir the eggs as they cook, scrambling until they’re almost set. Add the bacon and scramble them in. Serve.