The spices and sour cream turn this simple soup into something special. Serves 6
4 Tbsp butter
2 cups chopped onion
500g mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp dried dill
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 cups vegetable (or chicken) stock
1 cup cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and stock. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer without boiling for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. All ow to heat through over low heat, about 3-5 minutes. Do not boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.