This delicious Italian-style meal with both chicken and beef, so why not keep it in mind for BBQ left-overs or just to keep everyone in the family happy. It’s easy to double up for more family members or guests. Serves 3-4
250g chicken breast
4 pure beef sausages
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 large brown or red onion, diced
1 zucchini, chopped
6 tomatoes, diced
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp paprika
to serve, parmesan
- Cook chicken breast and beef sausages, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a deep pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, tomato, basil and paprika. Stir until tomato begins to break down, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly intermingled. Turn heat down, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with baby spinach and a sprinkle of grated parmesan.