Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, fat, vegetable
- 250g Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 2 cups roast red peppers
- 3 small zucchini
- ½ cup sugar-free Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan, add Italian sausage link and cook over medium-high heat until firm and well-browned on all sides.
- While cooking, drain olives well and cut peppers into short strips. Set aside.
- Once sausage is cooked, remove and cool to touch. Cut into 2cm thick slices.
- Add more oil to the pan, add back the sausage slices and brown well on all sides.
- While cooking, wash the zucchini and cut in half lengthwise, and then in 2cm slices.
- Remove the browned sausage to a cutting board. Add to the pan: 1 Tbsp olive oil plus the zucchini slices and cook until starting to soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let the zucchini cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then add the dressing and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the sausage slices, olives and red pepper strips in a bowl. Add the zucchini and any left-over dressing from the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add grated Parmesan and serve immediately.