Suits all phases – Serves 6
1 onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 green capsicum, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 pinch of paprika
1½ teaspoons cumin
500 g minced beef
250 ml beef stock
12 iceberg lettuce leaves
2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
3 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
½ a lime
2 ripe avocados, destoned and peeled
2 Tbsp sour cream
- Soften the onion and capsicum in 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a low heat.
- Peel, finely slice and add the garlic, along with the paprika and cumin, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beef and stir until it has browned.
- Pour in the stock, cover, and cook for 45 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, spring onions and coriander with the lime juice, then season carefully to taste.
- For the guacamole, mash the flesh with a fork. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the sour cream, season, and gently mix it all up.
- Fill the lettuce leaves with the meat, salsa and serve.