Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: 1 protein, 1 vegetables, 1 dairy
2 cups shredded mozzarella
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
8 slices bacon, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
Freshly grated parmesan
- Melt mozzarella in microwave for 1 minute. Add egg yolks, one at a time, stirring until completely incorporated.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Divide dough into 4 balls and refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Roll out each ball into logs about 2cm in diameter, and slice into 2cm pieces to make the “gnocchi”.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook gnocchi for 2 minutes. Drain and return to pot. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Drain fat and add spinach and gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes more or until golden.
- Garnish with parmesan and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- The basic “gnocchi” recipe is delicious with a napolitana sauce or even with bolognaise.