Suits phase 2 onwards – Serves 4
¾ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp psyllium husk
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups hot water
Coconut oil for frying
100 g butter
1–2 garlic cloves
- Mix the flour, psyllium husks, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add oil and then hot water and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to rise for five minutes. The dough will firm up fairly quickly, but stay flexible.
- Divide into 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands on baking paper.
- Fry carefully in oil in a fry pan over medium heat until they turn a nice colour and have risen a little.
- Heat the oven to 70°C and keep the bread warm while you make more.
- Melt the butter and stir in the freshly minced garlic. Apply the melted butter on the bread pieces using a brush and sprinkle flaked salt on top.
- Pour the rest of the garlic butter in a bowl and dip pieces of bread in it.