Healthy Women of Blackwood 2022 ‘Health Story of the Year’ Winner
Lost 20kg, reducing her weight by 23.8%
I had been steadily gaining weight for a few years, and was the heaviest I had ever been in my life. I felt like a fat, frumpy old woman. I had started diets numerous times, but could never stick to them. I never really exercised much, was always tired, always full of aches and pains with rheumatoid arthritis.
I had lost weight previously many years ago, so was hopeful that if I joined a weight loss program, I would be more likely to succeed, than if I struggled on alone.
I am so pleased that I chose to join Healthy Inspirations, and am very happy with the results I have achieved.
I no longer have constant aches and pains, and I have been able to reduce my medications down dramatically.
I’m amazed by the benefits:
- I have more energy, and exercise several times a week.
- Brain fog has gone.
- My cholesterol levels have reduced into a normal level.
- Sugar cravings have gone,
- BMI back into healthy range.
- Down 2-3 dress sizes
- Self-esteem improved.
Having a weekly weigh-in definitely made me more accountable with what I ate and my weight loss journey, and kept me on track.
The coaches were encouraging, supportive, often offering hints and tips, recipes and tastings.
Jodie gave me a piece of ribbon, which was a measurement of lost cm from my waist (26.5cm). That really buoyed my spirit to see how far I had come on my weight loss journey.
By incorporating resistance training in my exercise routine, I have gained strength.
The program is so simple to follow and it works. Give it a try. The coaches are very supportive, and provide great, tasty recipes to try. The resistance training is beneficial as we get older to prevent loss of muscle tone.
My 3 top tips are:
- Plan your meals ahead of time. Do regular cookups of frittatas, slices, muffins, etc, pre-prepare salads, so you always have the right foods readily available. Keep a supply in the freezer.
- Stick to the plan, follow your coaches’ advice. They know what they are talking about. It actually works.
- Do not let other people sabotage your weight loss efforts. Be strong and say NO when they are offering you foods and drinks which aren’t on your programme. Be honest to yourself.