Great Shape – protein, vegetable
Reset – suits all phases
40g dried porcini mushrooms
2 red onion, peeled and cut into eighths
10cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely julienned
1 Tbsp miso paste
1.6 litres chicken stock
6 radishes, halved
rice or white wine vinegar
400g skinless chicken breast, sliced
2 handfuls kale, stems removed
2 sheets of nori
300g mixed exotic mushrooms, such as enoki, chestnut, shiitake
- Put the porcini in a small bowl and just cover with boiling water to rehydrate them.
- Meanwhile, place the onion in a medium pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Cook for a few minutes, or until dark golden, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the ginger, miso paste and stock, along with the porcini and soaking water, leaving the last gritty bit behind. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Put the radishes into a bowl, toss in a splash of vinegar and a small pinch of sea salt and leave aside to quickly pickle.
- Tear the kale and nori into small pieces. Break up the mushrooms and stir it all through the broth with the sliced chicken.
- Re-cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season the broth. Add the picked radishes to individual bowls, then ladle the soup over the top and serve.