1 protein | 3 vegetables | 1 fat
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 baby eggplants, chopped
1 large red capsicum, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, thickly sliced
1/2 tsp ground chilli
1 tsp mild paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 cinnamon stick
2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
1 cup hot water
1 cup small cauliflower florets
1/2 cup green beans, sliced
1/2 cup yellow squash, sliced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 x cans chick peas, drained
4 eggs, beaten
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, capsicum and mushrooms, and cook until the eggplant is soft. Add the chilli, paprika, cumin, cinnamon stick and pepper, stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil, then add the cauliflower, beans and squash. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the parsley and chick peas, stir, then gently pour in the eggs without stirring. Replace the lid and cook for 5 minutes longer to set the eggs.
- Gently stir to break the eggs into smaller pieces. Serve immediately.