Suits all phases – Serves 4
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
300g button mushrooms, chopped
50g flaked almonds
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
1 whole trout, cleaned and gutted
Freshly ground black pepper
Steamed vegies to serve
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Heat the oil in a fry pan, add the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat and add the almonds and coriander. Mix well.
- Season the trout with pepper on the inside and out, then stuff with the mushroom mixture. Wrap loosely with foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the trout is just cooked through.
- Serve with steamed vegies.