Suits phase 2 onwards – Serves 6
250g unsalted mixed nuts
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
200g button mushrooms, finely chopped
200g fresh spinach, finely chopped
150g tinned tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
200g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Finely chop the mixed nuts in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach, and cook for another 3 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a large bowl and add the blended nuts, tinned tomatoes, egg, cheese, sage, mint, and seasoning. Mix well. Place the mixture in the loaf tin and bake for around 60 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn it out. Cut into slices and serve.