ICT Reset: Suits phases 1-4
Great Shape: fat, vegetable
- 1/2 cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ cup pine-nuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp vinaigrette
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or finely grated
- 1 tsp hot sauce of choice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Slice then chop cabbage to make up to 4 cups.
- Trim the ends of the peas, and thinly slice diagonally.
- Trim the ends of the radish, wash if needed, and then cut in half lengthwise and then into half-moon slices.
- Slice and finely chop the onions.
- Wash then chop the fresh coriander.
- Place these ingredients into a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together all the dressing ingredients, except the mayonnaise. Then whisk in the mayonnaise and combine well.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss.
- Toast the pine-nuts in a dry pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pine-nuts to salad and toss before serving.
This is perfect for any spring/summer BBQ lunch or dinner, with meat of your choice.
Shaved coconut, toasted, is a great alternative instead of pine-nuts.