The paprika and vinegar add a vibrant taste to the prawns in this recipe, and the contrast of green in the beans to the red of the paprika is beautiful. Serves 6
350g green beans, trimmed
300g frozen broad beans, defrosted
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp paprika
500g peeled raw prawns
1/4 cup chicken or fish stock
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped parsley, divided
to taste freshly ground pepper
- Steam green beans and broad beans for 4-6 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds.
- Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until pink.
- Stir in the stock, vinegar and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in half the parsley.
- Divide the beans between 6 plates and top with the prawn mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining parsley.