ICT Reset: Suits 1 to 4
- 1kg mince (turkey, beef, pork or chicken)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- 400gm tinned tomatoes
- 1 bottle Passata sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into meatballs.
- Melt some oil in a pan on medium heat. Pan fry the meatballs until undersides are golden, turn, and cook until browned on both sides.
- Pour in tomatoes and passata sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat 10-15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve over shaved zucchini pasta.
Thank you to Wendy L from Prospect SA for this recipe.