Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, fat, vegetable
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 400g chicken thighs, cut into 2cm dice
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp parmesan
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out and discard seeds and fibres. Place squash in a microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave 8-9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, and then cook the chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Remove squash from the microwave and shred the flesh with a fork into a large bowl.
- In a small blender combine basil, garlic, remaining olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper and blend until well-combined but still a little chunky.
- Combine pesto with two cups spaghetti squash (save any remaining squash for another recipe), the cooked chicken, and the tomato. Season with salt and pepper and serve.