Suitable for all phases
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 red capsicum, roasted, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch of basil, whole leaves
- 220g fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease a 20cm x 30cm casserole dish. Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing into the long side of the breast, stopping just about ½cm from the opposite side.
- Lay opened-out chicken breast in casserole dish. Sprinkle the exposed insides of the chicken breast with ½ of the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Stack the roasted capsicum, basil, and 1 slice of the mozzarella on the bottom side of the chicken. Fold the top flap of the chicken over, tucking in the filling as necessary. Sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes (until chicken is no longer pink). Remove the chicken and turn the oven to a high grill. Top chicken with remaining mozzarella slices and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Grill until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or a salad.